Carbon & Travel
APSA recognizes the effect travel has on climate change. As such, APSA has included a donation option on the registration form to help offset the impact. The donations received will be distributed between three environmental organizations:
Carbonfund.org supports third-party validated and verified renewable energy, energy efficiency and reforestation projects globally that reduce carbon dioxide emissions and the threat of climate change.
National Forest Foundation
Working on behalf of the American public, the NFF leads forest conservation efforts and promotes responsible recreation.
The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy is a global environmental nonprofit working to create a world where people and nature can thrive.
Suggested Donations by Mode of Travel*:
|Air – Domestic||$2-$13|
|Air – International||$26-$39|
|Car – Regional||$1-3|
* Amounts are estimated by the Climate Care calculator, where you can calculate your emissions by your mode of travel.
APSA Onsite Initiatives
APSA is also working with its partners to help make the Annual Meeting more sustainable. Offerings include:
- Option to have an electronic program or mobile app in lieu of a printed program
- Recyclable badge stock and lanyards without plastic holders
- Recycling bins in conference rooms
- Signs are printed on eco-friendly materials
- Coolers of water in lieu of bottled water
- APSA will also offer livestreaming of the plenary stage in 2020. More information will be coming soon.
APSA Hotel and Partner Initiatives
Our hotels and partners also have sustainability measures in place:
Additional things you can do to reduce your environmental impact include:
- Taking the BART from the airport and around the city
- Bring along a reusable water bottle to refill
- Reduce, reuse, recycle