Reminder-Call for Proposals:
Small Grants for Research in Religion and Politics
Due August 15, 2020
Deadline Approaching: The Religion and Politics section of the American Political Science Association is requesting proposals for small grant awards of up to $3,000 for research on religion and politics. Proposals may address any topic of theoretical, empirical, and practical significance for the study of religion and politics.
Effective proposals will make clear what the author(s) intend to do, why that research is important, and how the project will be executed.
Proposals should have the following components:
- Cover Page: This should contain project title, author(s), institutional affiliation(s), title(s), email address(es), and a project abstract of 250 words or less.
- Narrative: This text should be no more than three pages, single-spaced, in a standard font. The narrative should have (at a minimum) the following sections:
- Project Overview
- Background and Literature Review
- Research Design and Analysis Plans
- In the current context of COVID-19, please address the feasibility of any travel plans, and discuss possible modifications that you might need to make.
- Brief Budget and Narrative Explaining Budget: Authors may request up to $3,000, though smaller budgets may be viewed favorably.
- Please note that funds may be used for research purposes, such as hiring of research assistants, survey data collection and interviews, purchasing of data, or travel expenses (e.g., travel, lodging, food, ground transportation).
- Funds may not be used for salary or honoraria for the researcher. University indirect costs (NDCs) will not be allowed.
- Bibliography containing only references cited within the proposal.
- Biography(ies): Please limit each author’s biography to no more than 200 words.
- CV(s) of author(s)
- Applicants who have not completed their PhDs should request a letter of support from their advisor. Letters should be emailed to APSA.Religion.Politics@gmail.com.
Award terms and requirements:
- Please submit proposals to APSA.Religion.Politics@gmail.com by 11:59 PM on August 15, 2020.
- Awards will be announced by September 30, 2020.
- Funds may be spent through September 30, 2021.
- Applicants must be members of the Religion & Politics section (note that section membership is free to graduate students).
- Preference will be given to graduate students, recent PhDs, and untenured faculty.
- Questions may be addressed to Amy Erica Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.