Research and Publishing
- Vicki L. Hesli and Jae Mook Lee. 2011. “Faculty research productivity: Why do some of our colleagues publish more than others?” PS: Political Science & Politics 44 (2): 393-408.
- Michael Alvarez. 2017. “Dealing with rejection: Advice from an editor.” Cambridge Core Blog
- Kristin Monroe (and invited contributors). 2016. “How to Write a Book and Get it Published.” Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession Blog
- Claudia Goldin. 2004. “How Not to Perish: Tips for Submitting Articles from an Ex-Editor’s Point of View.” Newsletter of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Economic Profession.
Self-Promotion and the Tenure Process
- Erica Chenoweth, Page Fortna, Sara Mitchell, Burcu Savun, Jessica Weeks, and Kathleen Cunningham. 2016. “How to Get Tenure (If You’re a Woman).” Foreign Policy Blog.
- Janice Fanning Madden. 2004. “The Year of the Tenure Decision: Strategies for Survival.” Newsletter of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Economic Profession.
- Committee on the Status of Women in the Economic Profession. 2010. “Top Ten Questions to Think about before Your Tenure Review.”
- Sara McLaughlin Mitchell. 2015. “An editor’s thoughts on the peer review process.” The Political Methodologist 23 (1): 18-21.
- Sara McLaughlin Mitchell and Vicki L. Hesli. 2013. “Women don’t ask? Women don’t say no? Bargaining and service in the political science profession.” PS: Political Science & Politics 46 (2): 355-369.
- Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever. 2003. Women Don’t Ask – Chapter 5: Fear of Asking.
- Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever. 2008. Ask For It – Chapter 3: Run Your Own Life.
- Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever. 2008. Ask For It – Chapter 5: Negotiation 101: Basic Concepts.
Networking and Co-Authoring
- Heather Sarsons. 2017. “Gender differences in recognition for group work.” Working Paper.
- Committee on the Status of Women in the Economic Profession. 2005. “Developing and Maintaining Networks: Top 10 List.”
- Kristin Monroe (and invited contributors). 2016. “Raising Children While Having a Career.” Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession Blog
- Radhika Nagpal. 2013. “The Awesomest 7-Year Postdoc or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Tenure-Track Faculty Life.” Scientific American Blog.
- Emily Beaulieu, Amber E. Boydstun, Nadia E. Brown, Kim Yi Donne, Andra Gillespie, Samara Klar, Yanna Krupnikov, Melissa R. Michelson, Kathleen Searles, and Christina Wolbrecht. 2017. “Women also know stuff: Meta-level mentoring to battle gender bias in political science.” PS: Political Science & Politics 50 (3): 779-783.
- Tiffany D. Barnes. 2018. “Strategies for Improving Gender Diversity in the Methods Community: Insights from Political Methodologists and Social Science Research.” PS: Political Science & Politics 51(3): 580-587.
- Brett Ashley Leeds, Leslie Schwindt-Bayer, Tiffany D. Barnes, and R. Michael Alvarez. 2014. “The importance of mentoring.” Oxford University Press Blog.
- Chris Blattman. 2014. “Advice for New Assistant Professors.” Personal Blog.