Research and Publishing
- Michael Alvarez. 2017. “Dealing with rejection: Advice from an editor.” Cambridge Core Blog
- Nick Carnes. Book Proposal to Princeton University Press. (an example)
- Tali Mendelberg. 2021. “Explanation for potential authors of Princeton Studies in Political Behavior.” Princeton University Press
- Sara McLaughlin Mitchell. 2015. “An editor’s thoughts on the peer review process.” The Political Methodologist 23 (1): 18-21.
- Kristin Monroe (and invited contributors). 2016. “How to Write a Book and Get it Published.” Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession Blog
- Jana Morgan and Nathan J. Kelly. 2021. “Inequality, Exclusion, and Tolerance for Political Dissent in Latin America.” Comparative Political Studies.
- Jana Morgan. Russell Sage Foundation Fellowship Proposal. (an example)
- Jana Morgan and Nathan J. Kelly. R&R Response Memo for Morgan and Kelly CPS.
Self-Promotion and the Tenure Process
- Erica Chenoweth, Page Fortna, Sara Mitchell, Burcu Savun, Jessica Weeks, and Kathleen Cunningham. 2016. “How to Get Tenure (If You’re a Woman).” Foreign Policy Blog.
- Sara McLaughlin Mitchell and Vicki L. Hesli. 2013. “Women don’t ask? Women don’t say no? Bargaining and service in the political science profession.” PS: Political Science & Politics 46 (2): 355-369.
Networking and Co-Authoring
- Tali Mendelberg. 2021. Networking Advice.
- Kristin Monroe (and invited contributors). 2016. “Raising Children While Having a Career.” Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession Blog
- Radhika Nagpal. 2013. “The Awesomest 7-Year Postdoc or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Tenure-Track Faculty Life.” Scientific American Blog.
- Brett Ashley Leeds, Leslie Schwindt-Bayer, Tiffany D. Barnes, and R. Michael Alvarez. 2014. “The importance of mentoring.” Oxford University Press Blog.
- Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever. 2003. Women Don’t Ask – Chapter 5: Fear of Asking.
- Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever. 2008. Ask For It – Chapter 3: Run Your Own Life.
- Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever. 2008. Ask For It – Chapter 5: Negotiation 101: Basic Concepts.
- Chris Blattman. 2014. “Advice for New Assistant Professors.” Personal Blog.