2022 Small Research Grants Program
The Women, Gender, & Politics Research Section of the APSA is currently seeking applications for research grants of up to $1000 to assist with research expenses. Examples of expenses covered could include (but are not limited to): child or elder care, data acquisition, software, research assistance, copyediting, translation, transcription, etc. These grants are open to all Section members, but priority will be given to junior, non-tenure track, and/or unfunded scholars (i.e. scholars without institutional support or whose institutions have eliminated research funding during the pandemic). Deadline for the first round of 2022 project proposals is March 1st . (There will be a second round with a September 1st deadline.) To apply, please email the Small Grants Committee (contact information below) with the following information:
- Cover letter explaining professional status (TT, adjunct, etc.) and alternate sources of funding (department, grant, etc.), if any.
- 2 page project summary of the proposed research
- Bibliography (not to exceed one page)
- 1 page budget
- 2 page research-focused CV
Chair: Sarah Roberts Allen Gershon, Georgia State (email@example.com)
- Lorna Bracewell, Flagler College (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meredith Loken, University of Amsterdam (email@example.com)
- Malliga Och, Idaho State (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ex Officio: Pedro dos Santos, College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University, Section 16 Treasurer (email@example.com)
Read more about Funds of Interest for the Organized Section on Women and Politics Research here.