Practicing Civility in the political science classroom and within faculty and student interactions is key to achieving a respectful teaching, learning and professional environment.
- Bumiller, K. (2019). An Experiment in the Making: Inclusive Classrooms in Prison and on Campus. PS: Political Science & Politics, 52(1), 100-103. doi:10.1017/S1049096518001051
- Caughell, L. (2018). Teaching Students to Hear the Other Side: Using Web Design and Election Events to Build Empathy in the Political Science Classroom. PS: Political Science& Politics, 51(3), 659-663. doi:10.1017/S1049096518000082
- Sampaio, A. (2006). Women of Color Teaching Political Science: Examining the Intersections of Race, Gender, and Course Material in the Classroom. PS: Political Science & Politics, 39(4), 917-922. doi:10.1017/S1049096506061191
- Strachan, J. (2006). An Argument for Teaching Deliberative Collective Action Skills in the Political Science Classroom. PS: Political Science & Politics, 39(4), 911-916. doi:10.1017/S1049096506061178
Engaging in collaborative projects can enhance the professional connections and networks of faculty and students, as well as colleagues in non-academic settings.
- Bolsen, T., Fairbanks, B., Aviles, E., Pritchett, R., Kingsland, J., LaPlant, K., . . . Rogol, N. (2019). Merging Undergraduate Teaching, Graduate Training, and Producing Research: Lessons from Three Collaborative Experiments. PS: Political Science & Politics, 52(1), 117-122. doi:10.1017/S1049096518000914
- Elder, L., & Wallace, S. (n.d.). Exploring Diversity and Student Political Activism through Archival Research. PS: Political Science & Politics, 1-5. doi:10.1017/S1049096519001690
Respect and Diversity
- Carolyn Gentle-Genitty, Breanca Merrit, and Ann C. Kimble-Hill. 2021. A Model for Crafting Diversity, Inclusion, Respect, and Equity (DIRE) Policy Statements Toward Catalyzing Organizational Change. ACS Central Science 2021 7 (3), 383-391. DOI: 10.1021/acscentsci.0c01533
- Thai, N. D. and Lien, A. 2019. Respect for Diversity. Introduction to Community Psychology by Nghi D. Thai and Ashlee Lien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.