We very excited to see many of you in person again in Seattle this fall! We are committed to the health and safety of our members, exhibitors, and partners. We are working diligently with Safe Expo, an event health and safety company, to help plan the event to meet venue, local, state, and federal guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please review the following page about what to expect onsite at the 2021 Annual Meeting. Please check back often for updates based on CDC, state, and local guidance.
Plan for Change
As an in-person attendee, you can expect the following to keep you, your colleagues, our staff, and our partners safe:
- Masks Required: CDC-approved masks must be worn properly in the conference hotel meeting and convention center spaces at all times. We encourage attendees to bring their own CDC-approved masks, but some masks will also be available, in case you forget. Learn more about CDC-approved masks and how to properly wear a mask>>
- Daily Health Check-in App: A daily check-in on health symptoms through an app will be required before attending events. This will ask you the standard COVID-19 questions that you typically get asked at when visiting a doctor’s office. View sample questions>>
- Temperature Screenings: A daily temperature screening will be required before entry to meeting space. Attendees will walk up to a touchless iPad device that will scan their temperature. The temperature reading is not stored. If an individual has an elevated temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius), they will be referred to the onsite physician.
- Touchless Badge Printing: Bring your QR code on your device and scan it for a no-touch experience. All attendees must wear their badges in meeting space to confirm they are an attendee, as well as to verify they have passed the daily health screening.
- Mobile App and Digital Program in lieu of a printed program to reduce touchpoints
- Social Distancing: Expect to social distance in event spaces. Seating in sessions will be reduced to provide more distance.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be available around the event. We recommend frequent hand-washing. The event will also be handshake-free.
- Cleaning: The properties will fog the rooms overnight. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event, and hand sanitizer will be provided to an attendee upon registration check-in. All high-touch areas will be cleaned frequently.
- Exhibit Hall: One-way aisles are implemented with full-length side drape between exhibitors. The hall will be cleaned overnight. Booths have been spaced out more to allow for more distancing.
- Virtual Sessions: Ability to watch virtual sessions or livestreamed sessions from your personal device. You are welcome to participate from your hotel room, but APSA will also set aside a limited number of rooms with tables and chairs to allow you to participate from the meeting space. Please bring your own device if you wish to participate virtually from onsite.
We ask that all participants register in advance to receive the health app access in advance, as well as to reduce time spent in the Registration area.
All individuals registered for the in-person portion of the meeting must agree to the terms of APSA’s Waiver of Liability.
If you have any questions about any of these policies or procedures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, masks are required by state law in all venues.
- Washington State Convention Center: On March 1, 2021, WSCC achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation on outbreak prevention, response and recovery. Recognized as the gold standard of safe venues, GBAC STAR™ provides third-party validation to ensure the implementation of rigorous protocols in response to biorisk situations. For more information on the GBAC STAR facility accreditation program, visit the Global Biorisk Advisory Council website here.
WSCC Safety First
WSCC Safety First Plan
- Marriott Hotels (Sheraton, Renaissance)
- Hilton Seattle – CleanStay Journey
- Hyatt Hotels (Grand Hyatt, Hyatt at Olive 8)
- Crowne Plaza Seattle
- Fairmont Olympic Hotel
- Hotel Theodore and Hotel Max
Masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and any other public transportation throughout and entering the United States. Learn more here at the CDC website>>
Domestic Travel Information from the CDC
Currently, the U.S. requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test for all air passengers arriving from outside the United States, including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents, even if fully vaccinated. International arrivals must be tested no more than three days before their departure and will need to present the documentation of a negative test result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight.
Read more from the CDC>>>
Read the Full Order Requiring a Negative COVID-19 Test>>
(Source: Centers of Disease Control; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html)
Masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and other methods of public transport.
Be sure to check your own country’s policies for your return.
- King County (Seattle)
- Washington State
Locations near the convention center (please check back frequently, as locations are constantly changing)
Inside the Washington State Convention Center
Test: COVID-19 PCR Test, self-collected saliva swab
Results Time: 24-48 hours
How to book: Visit the Curative website, and select a testing slot. It averages around 150 slots per day
- Swedish First Hill
515 Minor Avenue; .9 miles from the convention center
Phone: (206) 386-9500
Open: M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
How to book: Call to book an appointment. Insurance is required.
- Curative Walk-Up Kiosk
201 Mercer Street
Open: Monday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
How to Book: Schedule appointment online. Insurance is not required. Testing is free.
- Alaska Air
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines (currently not available out of Seattle, but available at other airports)
In addition, many airports now have testing services onsite, usually for a fee.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) does offer testing for a fee:
Ticketed travelers seeking a COVID-19 test prior to air travel through Discovery Health MD at SEA. Results are delivered with rapid (about one hour) and next-day options for COVID-19 PCR lab tests, which are available by appointment and for a limited number of walk-ins. Discovery Health MD is a trusted testing partner for flights to Hawaii as part of its pre-travel testing program for inbound travelers.
- POC Testing COVID-19 Antigen Test: Results in under an hour – $150
- POC Testing Delta SkyClub Antigen Test (for AMS flights only): Rapid Results – $150
- Lab-Based COVID-19 PCR Test: Next-day results – $176
- Rapid COVID-19 molecular NAAT Test: Results in about an hour (approved for Hawaii) – $196
- Rapid COVID-19 RT-PCR Test: Results in about an hour – $349
How to Book: Testing through Discovery Health MD is by appointment (preferred), or a limited number of walk-ins, for ticketed passengers up to 72 hours prior to travel. Testing is available Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Discovery Health MD is located pre-security on the mezzanine level above ticketing and the security checkpoints. You can get step-by-step directions to the testing location by searching “Discovery Health MD” on our interactive map on our website or the flySEA App.
Pre-flight testing for those flying to Amsterdam is available through Discovery Health MD at the South Satellite SkyClub Lounge near Gate S10 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. or four hours before departure to the Netherlands. Available by appointment and walk-in for a rapid test
1401 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98101 (.4 mile walk)
222 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 (.3 mile walk)
Bartell Drugs Downtown
1628 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (.3 mile walk)
Bartell Drugs (24 hour location)
600 1st Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 (1.9 miles)
517 Union Street, Seattle, WA 98101 (.2 mile walk)
Harborview Medical Center
410 9th Ave (.7 miles)
Swedish Medical Center (First Hill, Seattle)
747 Broadway (1 mile)
Virginia Mason Hospital
1100 9th Ave (.3 miles)
Kindred Hospital Seattle-First Hill
1334 Terry Avenue (.3 miles)
Capitol Hill Urgent Care
1512 Broadway (.6 miles)